Setting up your payment gateway is an important step toward getting paid by your customers. When a customer checks out, they can choose to pay for their order using any of the methods that you’ve enabled in the Payment providers area of your KitCart admin.
KitCart allows merchants to receive Automated Payments with several payment gateways and one of them is stripe. Stripe allows you to accept credit and debit card payments, set up recurring subscriptions, and use the Buy Now Pay Later business model with Afterpay and Klarna. Stripe also supports Apple and Google Pay, so customers can checkout with one tap in your store. In addition, you can add various payment options popular in the EU to your store, such as giropay, SEPA, iDEAL, Sofort, Klarna, Alipay.
Stripe charges 2.9% fee for a transaction. You can create a new Stripe account by filling in a short form or connect your existing Stripe account and start accepting online payments straight away.
Stripe is available in over 47 countries including the USA, Canada, UK, Australia, Japan, and others.
Setting up Stripe
Before setting up Stripe, check the list of restricted businesses to ensure that your business is not on this list and you are allowed to use Stripe to process payments in your store.
- To get started with Stripe you will first need to set up a free account. Click here to create your Stripe account.
Then proceed to activate your account, at this stage, you need to give account of your business detail by stating the full address and state where you formed the business
Also, you’ll need to specify the structure of the business. Specify if it’s:
- Or Non-Profit Organization
After that, click the “Continue” button to proceed.
This is where you enter your personal details like email address, date of birth and your house address.
At this point, you’ll be asked to enter the “Last 4 digits of Social Security number”
This stage is simply about your business, tell them about the nature of your business. If it’s going to be digital products or retails.
Once you’ve chosen the right one, enter your website URL and give a short description of what the product is all about.
After that, click continue and proceed to the next stage.
- Here, you’ll need to specify if your product is going to be a digital product or a physical. If it’s a digital product, you’ll need to choose how long it’s going to take you to deliver the product. And if it’s a physical product, you’ll need to specify how you’re going to ship the product. Usually, what you should choose is “Product are delivered by third party (Fulfilment House)” Then choose “One Month” as how long it’s going to take for your product to be delivered. After that, click the continue button to proceed to the next stage.
The next stage is the “Customer Support Detail”. This is simply where you’re going to write your statement descriptor.
That’s the name that will appear on your customer receipt after a successful payment to you.
After that, enter your customer support phone number and your customer support address. This can actually be your phone number and the same initial address you’ve used earlier.
This is the stage where you’re going to enter your bank details. That is, where Stripe is going to send your money too.
As you can see from the image, scroll down and click on “Enter bank details manually instead”
After that, it going to pop up a small page as you can see from the image below. So, on this page, enter your routing number and account number.
The next thing you want to do is click save and continue.
- After this, access a Stripe account’s API keys by navigating to the Developers section of the Stripe dashboard and clicking on API Keys.
How To Set up Stripe On Your KitCart Website
- Go to Payments > Automated Payments
- Install Stripe
- Sign in to your Stripe account if you already have one or click on the get started with stripe button.
- Follow the instructions on the Stripe site to complete the setup. After that, go back to your Kitcart admin.
- Now enter your Display Name, Stripe Key and Stripe Secret
- Choose currency and Purpose
- Enable and Save
Once completed, your Stripe account will be connected to your Kitcart Website and customers will be able to pay with Stripe.
Stripe is not available in my country. What should I do?
As of this writing, Stripe is only Available for businesses in 47 countries. What happens to the 148 others? This is why Kitpay has partnered with Stripe to help businesses in non-supported countries accept payment with stripe.
With Kitpay experience the joy of zero activation delays. All you need to do is enter your bank account details and you are all set. Check this article to get the full details.
When will I receive my payouts?
With Stripe, you receive payouts according to your payout schedule. Typically the first payout for a new account happens with a 7-day delay (after the first successful payment), though the waiting period may vary. Read more about payouts on Stripe's website.
Where do I find information on my transactions and transfers?
When a customer pays for an order using Stripe, the money goes to your Stripe account. You can see the transaction ID in the order details in your Kitcart admin, Dashboard → Orders. You can also view more details in your Stripe account.
I have an issue with my transactions. What should I do?
If you experience any issues with money receiving, please contact Stripe support.